New rules for VA Aid and Attendance
New rules for VA Aid and Attendance go into effect October 18th, 2018. The VA added a look back period for asset transfers, established net worth limits and added new medical expense deduction limitations.
Indiana no longer ranked among the nation’s fattest states
Indiana is no longer ranked among the nation’s 10 fattest states! According to a new report, 33.6% of Indiana adults are obese, giving us the 12th highest obesity rate.
Indiana hospitals racking up millions of dollars in penalties
Indiana hospitals are racking up millions of dollars in penalties for having too many patients return for care within a month of discharge. Sixty-six Hoosier hospitals will see their Medicare payments docked next year by a total of about $12 million as a result of having patients readmitted within 30 days. That’s up from $9 million in penalties three years ago. IBJ article lists the top 20 penalized hospitals.
Learn more about the INALA endorsed LifeStyle Health Plan!
Learn more about the INALA endorsed LifeStyle Health Plan! Members using the plan have been pleased.
Karen Ayersman elected to the INALA Board
Congratulations to Karen Ayersman, Residences at Deer Creek, for being elected to the INALA Board.
Sherri Berghoff, Silver Birch Senior Living, was re-elected to the Board.
North Woods Village of Edison Lakes Named the Assisted Living Community of the Year
Congratulations to North Woods Village of Edison Lakes (Mishawaka) for being named the assisted living community of the year and to all of these award winners.
- Taylor Shuey from American Senior Communities – Leader Under 40
- Angi Stoner-Gast from North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes – Outstanding Activity Director
- Jennifer Morris from Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living – Caregiver of the Year
- Bryan Friedrich from Woodland Terrace of New Palestine – Outstanding Food Services Director
- Amy Hake from North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes – Outstanding Marketing Director
- Angel Walker from Crestwood Village West & Marie Short from Riverbend – Co-Winners of Outstanding Nurse Leader
- Debbie Waziak from Brookdale Valparaiso – Outstanding Community Director
- Power Over Parkinson’s Program from Justus Senior Living – Innovation of the Year
- Healthcare Therapy Services, Inc. – Industry Partner of the Year
- Senator Vaneta Becker from Evansville – Legislator of the Year